Preparation Time: 25 Mins.
Cook Time: 35 Mins.
Temperature: Medium – High Heat
Serves: 4-6 Persons
Recipe by: Sandra
3 -4 lbs. oxtails with separated joints
1 tablespoon grace or maggie browning sauce
3 tablespoon grace oxtail seasoning
2 cups (475 ml) stock (beef)*
3 whole cloves garlic
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
1/3 of a green and red peppers
3 bay leaves
1 Teaspoon Salt and pepper – based on taste
4 tablespoon Olive oil
- Wash oxtails and then dry with paper towels and place oxtail in medium mixing bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, browning sauce and oxtail seasoning. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-to-medium high heat in a 4-6-quart pressure cooker pot or deep cooking saucepan.
- Add oxtail in about 6-7 at a time to the pan; sear oxtails in hot pan on all sides until golden brown. Use tongs to remove the oxtails to a mixing bowl and set aside until all the oxtail is browned.
- Add the chopped onion and peppers to the small to medium saucepan. Cook for a few minutes until onions are transparent.
- Add oxtails, garlic, bay leaf, parsley, thyme, salt and stock to the pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes on medium to medium high.
- Turn off the stove and cool for 10 minutes. Release pressure once the steam has released and it’s safe to open the pressure cooker.
- Check texture to see if meat is tender. Set stove back to medium high and bring to simmer for 10 minutes without the pressure being activated.
- Check to see if meat is tender and taste for preference. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- When meat is tender, remove oxtails from the cooking liquid. Use a fat separator to remove the fat or skim the fat off the top with a spoon.
- Keep the thicker gravy and pour onto oxtails.
- Serve over white rice or rice and peas.
Hope you enjoy!
Until Next Time! GenMom.