Island Flava – Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe
For 6 Person(s)
- 3 pound(s) chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup(s) White Vinegar
- 3 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Grace Browning Sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoon(s) Grace Jerk Seasoning**
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vegetable or Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup(s) red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green sweet pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) onion, cut into wedges
- 1 Lime, cut into 4-6 wedges
Jerk Chicken Drumsticks Directions
- Clean chicken and remove any skin if desired. Wash in a vinegar and water solution (4 1/2 cups water).
- In a bowl, add soy sauce, browning sauce, 1 tablespoon parsley and Grace Jerk Seasoning and mix together.
- Add chicken to the mixture above and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add Vegetable/Olive Oil to marinated chicken pieces until all is covered.
- Add chicken to large flat baking pan covered with aluminum foil or Pyrex dish to bake.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 mins then turn over and bake for another 15 mins.
- Add some of the remaining water if needed, sweet peppers and onion; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of parsley to sprinkle across chicken and leave in oven for 5-10 mins with oven turned off. Add lime wedges and celery for garnish.
**add 1 or more tablespoon for a more spicy taste
Preparation time: 30m
Cooking time: 40m
Temperature: 375 degrees
Grace Jerk seasoning and browning sauce can be found on Amazon.com